Nancy Newport LPC, LMFT
EMDR Trauma DVD
The Long and the Short of It
EMDR in the Treatment of Acute and Complex Trauma
by: Nancy Newport, LPC, LMFT & Tracy Ryan Kidd, LCSW
12 hour DVD of a live
2 day workshop delivered by the presenters.
*Note: These DVDs are formatted to run on a computer with a DVD player.
Watch these short video clips to catch a peek of the DVD workshop
Learn More about the Program
EMDR in the Treatment of Acute Trauma
Presented by Nancy Newport
In this highly practical,
Techniques/strategies to stabilize people in a crisis response (including first responders) will be discussed and demonstrated. Recent Events Protocol will be reviewed thoroughly and discussed using case studies and video examples. We will make the reprocessing of recent or unconsolidated trauma come alive through discussion in depth of actual cases.
Disc One Learning Objectives:
- Identify a crisis response
- List the six key actions to take as a first responder in agency/private practice in the aftermath of a traumatic event
- Describe the initial stages of PTSD, including criteria and symptoms
- Demonstrate five stabilization/grounding strategies that can be initiated immediately following a crisis response
- Describe the Recent Events Protocol: case studies of survivors of rape and other acute trauma to vivify the EMDR protocol
- Identify blocks to EMDR processing, discuss possible intervening strategies and cognitive interweaves
- Apply several treatment strategies with children using EMDR including creative ways to produce ABS
Nancy Newport, LPC, LMFT maintains responsibility for this program and its contents in accordance with EMDRIA standards.
EMDR in the Treatment of Complex Trauma
Presented by Tracy Ryan Kidd
In this highly practical, skill-building DVD workshop (Disc Two), Tracy Ryan Kidd, LCSW will provide an overview of how to use EMDR within each of the three stages of trauma work.
Stage 1 stabilization methods will be emphasized with several practical methods taught. Knowing when to move into Stage 2 reprocessing and how to handle problems that arise will also be covered. Experiential learning techniques and video of actual sessions in all 3 stages will be presented.
Disc Two Learning Objectives:
- List Criteria for Complex PTSD
- Identify several strategies for preparation including containment and self-soothing
- Apply 15 methods for grounding in the preparation phase
- Demonstrate a protocol for affect regulation skill development in the preparation phase
- List 11 signs of readiness to proceed to trauma processing; phases 3-8 of EMDR
- Discuss 8 methods of ordering targets
- Describe over 10 different methods of addressing blocked processing including the use of cognitive interweaves, titration, and how to handle dissociation
- Explain how to use the future template to build missing developmental skills such as boundary-setting, assertiveness, and interpersonal skill
Tracy Ryan Kidd, LCSW maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA standards.
In order to obtain credits, you must take an online test and pass with a score of 80%. Instructions for taking the online test are included in the handout section of the DVD. Once you pass the test, you will be able to print out your certificate of completion.
- EMDRIA Credits: 12 EMDRIA Credits (EMDRIA Program Approval #DL08009-01, 02) Note: Only those who have completed the full Basic Training can receive EMDRIA credits.
- NASW: This program is approved by NASW for clinical social work (Approval # 886508131-6838) for 12 continuing education contact hours.
- Continuing Education credit for this program is awarded by Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) for the following professions:
Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors: Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to grant continuing education credit for LPCs/LMHCs in the following states: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MA, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program. LPCs/LMHCs completing the program will receive 12.0 continuing education hours of credit.
Psychologists: Commonwealth Educational Seminars is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Psychologists will receive 12.0 hours of continuing education credit upon completing this program.
Marriage and Family Therapists: Continuing education credit for Marriage & Family Therapists is awarded in the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IN, IA, KS, ME, MD, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NC, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WY. CES maintains responsibility for this program. Marriage and Family therapists completing this program will receive 12.0 CE hours of credit.
Meet Nancy & Tracy
Nancy Newport, LPC, LMFT has been in private practice in Fairfax, VA for over 20 years and has a specialty in working with adults and children with acute trauma. She is an Approved Consultant in EMDR and has been using EMDR since 1998. As a Trauma Specialist for many years, Nancy has successfully worked with adults and children who have been victims of violence, vehicular accidents, natural disasters, 9-11 trauma, the Va-Tech shooting, had traumatic responses to graphic and frightening movies and were eyewitnesses to scenes of violence. She has worked with firefighters and police officers involved in traumatic incidents in the line of duty and with veterans of the Gulf and Iraq War. She has worked with people captured behind enemy lines and victims of kidnapping. She is best known for her expertise
Her training in Traumatology includes certifications in EMDR, NLP and Ericksonian Hypnotherapy. Nancy is a professional presenter on Trauma and Crisis Response. She has conducted many
Tracy Ryan Kidd, LCSW is the director of Virginia Family Counseling in Vienna, VA and has been in practice for over 20 years. She is a trauma specialist who uses a stage-oriented approach for the safe resolution of complex trauma. She has spent most of her career working with survivors of physical, sexual and emotional
Tracy is an Approved Consultant and Certified EMDR therapist who provides ongoing individual and group consultation to therapists in the Northern VA area. She has developed a specialty in translating highly theoretical material for her consultees into practical tools and techniques that can be used immediately in their practices.
For more information visit: www.virginiafamilycounseling.com
“This is an incredible idea!!! Some of us in the field of EMDR are located in rural areas hundreds of miles from cities where it would be more convenient to update our EMDR training. It costs me well over $1,200 to $1,500 dollars to go to a weekend EMDR educational opportunity in Denver, Boulder or Fort Collins, Colorado. Your program is such a fantastic opportunity to enhance our training in the wonderful world of EMDR right here where we live and practice.”DM
“I really enjoyed this training adventure and think I got more out of this session than any training I ever received.”W. B.
“Excellent training on crisis intervention & EMDR. I have taught the courses before. I enjoyed this a lot and learned or reframed some very good material. Thanks!”K. W.
“This was the best and most
“Great presentation. Hope more EMDR clinicians use it. It is very helpful. You did a great job. I’ve been doing this for 20 years and learned something. Great review for me and helpful for current practice. Thanks.”J. K.
“This was an outstanding DVD seminar and I am thrilled with all the information disseminated. Thank you!”N. B.
“It is a great professional resource to have access to the work of two of the most outstanding clinicians in the DC area through this DVD. Knowing that I can view their sessions at any time from any location accommodates my irregular schedule and assures that I can review sections as my work requires.”D.G.
“The case studies allowed me to move beyond presentation and visualize how these techniques would be implemented in session with my own clients. It is obvious Nancy and Tracy have a clear understanding of the subject matter and present the material with thoughtfulness, compassion
“The program was excellent! This was one of the better workshops on DVD. Thank you so much. I learned a lot and will use it in my practice. I feel excited to try it with clients where I have been a bit stuck. I am very grateful for your sharing all these wonderful tools that were concrete and not just theory.”P.B.
Newport Kidd Productions’ Policies RE Privacy, Shipping, Returns:
We do not share your name or contact information with anyone. Exceptions:
- We provide the information to the credentialing body that provides CE’s as per their requirements. (NBCC, NASW, EMDRIA).
- We provide the customary information to credit card processors as needed to process your payment but we do not store your credit card info.
- You may also be interested in reviewing the privacy policies of both Cayan (our merchant provider) and Authorize.net (our gateway).
Shipping and handling will be handled by USPS for a flat rate of $10. International orders will be a flat rate of $35. Please allow up to 2 weeks for your item to arrive.
We offer no refunds. Returns that are due to Newport Kidd Productions’ error (for example,