Nancy Newport LPC, LMFT
Nancy Newport, LPC, LMFT
The guiding principle in my work is the power of relationship. No matter what your theoretical focus is as a therapist, building and sustaining a solid working alliance with your clients is crucial to creating a climate where change can occur.
As A Psychotherapist
Owner of Nancy Newport, LPC, LMFT, PC.
Full time private practice in downtown Fairfax City, VA for 30 years and now practicing Virtually since March 2020.
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Virginia
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Virginia
Certified EMDR Practitioner
Certified Diplomate in Clinical Hypnotherapy
Certified Practitioner Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
As a Consultant
Approved Consultant EMDR
EMDR Consultant to EMDR trained individual clinicians as well as groups
Consultant to Fairfax County Alcohol and Drug Services, Youth Program (2004-2007)
Consultant to Peace Corps (1991-2004)
As a LifeSuccess Coach
Owner of Newport LifeSuccess Coaching, LLC
Coach University training
As a Professional Teacher
Adjunct Professor at George Mason University, Graduate School of Education, Counseling and Development (1997-1999, 2002-2008)
As a Professional Trainer
Co-Owner Newport Kidd Productions, LLC
The Long and the Short of It: EMDR in the Treatment of Acute and Complex Trauma
A 12 hour online training for EMDR trained clinicians
Numerous workshops in diverse subjects such as:
- Acute and Complex Trauma Treatment with EMDR
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Multicultural Counseling
- Substance Abuse
- Advanced Therapy Strategies
US Peace Corps Affiliation
- Peace Corps Volunteer / Brasil (1968-1971)
- Peace Corps Medical Staff / Washington (1979-1983)
- Peace Corps Mental Health Consultant / Washington (1991-2004)
* Provided fee for service trauma psychotherapy to hundreds of Peace Corps Volunteers who were medically evacuated to Washington following sexual assault, physical assault, vehicular accidents, and other forms of violence in the country in which they were serving.
- Peace Corps International Trainer (1993-2004)
* Provided an annual all day training event in Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Treatment and Prevention for all newly hired Overseas Medical staff
* Traveled to provide on site training to the Africa Region (Namibia, South Africa), Latin American Region (Asuncion, Paraguay) and Asia/Pacific Region (Bangkok, Thailand) in Stress Management and Resilience to all Peace Corps medical personnel (physicians and nurses) responsible for the Organization’s Volunteers serving around the world.